It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Author Message
ladybird
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:16 pm
Posts: 760
Location: Pompey!!
Reputation: 4

Love what you are doing to this Great little car :)

_________________
" THE BUG " BG GT
" LEON CUPRA "


Top
 Profile  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:55 pm 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

Another update...yes, the purchases have been regular lately - lots of parts to fit, but lots of work to go before they'll actually be on the car :(

anyway, the latest addition is a new rear spoiler :)

the standard one is a floppy rubber thing, and most of the mountings had rusted (no surprise there really :lol:) - I like the look of it, but not the rubberyness, and I also want to colour code it when I paint the car, so really the split rubber thing had to go...

I wanted to keep a similar look, as said, I like the lines of the standard one, and I have turned down a few offers of fibreglass spoilers that just didn't really sit right, in my opinion...and then this one came along - a very nice member of rx7FB.com offered me his TWR rear spoiler - as he prefers the "non spoiler" look :shock:

so, here it is 8)

old and new together...

Image

Image

and some before and afters - excuse the fit, it is just placed for now...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

2 more purchases to come...then the real work begins 8)

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
ladybird
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:16 pm
Posts: 760
Location: Pompey!!
Reputation: 4

i like :)

_________________
" THE BUG " BG GT
" LEON CUPRA "


Top
 Profile  
 
Stu.13
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:32 pm 
Gold Member Offline
User avatar

My Car: BJ Sport

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:51 pm
Posts: 2026
Location: Kilmarnock,Ayrshire
Reputation: 14

That looks far nicer. :thumbleft:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
Andy S
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:10 am
Posts: 489
Location: Sutton, Surrey
Reputation: 4

Me likey very much! Good to see she's finally getting some attention after being used a a shelf to put things on in the corner for ages :D :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
ChrisL323f
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:35 pm
Posts: 1476
Location: Todmordon/Darlington
Reputation: 10

Looks very cool Marc! Like it a lot!


Top
 Profile  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 am 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

I collected 2 packages the other day...missed one of the pics...

can you tell what it is?

Image

Yep, as well as the spoiler, I have decided to fit wide arches, and new wheels :)

the old ones just didn't sit right...too far in

Image

Image

so I picked up a set of black and white retro jap wheels from a Mk2 Supra 2.8...and they fit a bit better...

Image

Image

They will need spacers to fit with the arches though...going wider than that :evil4:

Excuse the wheels, I couldn't leave them black and white, and chucked some silver on to see the difference...but the test fit of the arches was a success

Image

Image

Image



I also tried some "Rays Bronze" paint...

Image

and some bronze and black

Image

but I think I'll stick to a dark silver, as per the front :)

Image

The wheels will fill the arches better once the correct tyres are fitted, they have 185/60s on at the moment, but will have 205/60s on once I've refurbed them :)


coming along nicely 8)

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
Stuz
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 am
Posts: 4378
Location: Scarborough u.k
Reputation: 34

Nice updates.....I think the twr skirts would look great with those arches ;-)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
eogbaker
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:59 pm
Posts: 6885
Reputation: 38

Marc S wrote:
Image

Love this photo but guessing some spacers are going to be needed once the arches are on.
Really cant wait for this to be finished

_________________
Image

Lantis Type R called Bahgeera


Top
 Profile  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:56 pm 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

Yep, 1.25" hubcentric spacers will be fitted...should bring the wheels out perfectly, and no need to cut the studs :)

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
Andy S
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:10 am
Posts: 489
Location: Sutton, Surrey
Reputation: 4

WOW...

Marc, This is going to look soooooooooooooooooooooo good when your finished :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Ronin (Adam)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:20 pm 
Website Admin Offline
User avatar

My Car: Black V6 Project

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:31 pm
Posts: 5374
Location: North Lincs
Reputation: 33

I liked the white on the wheels!

looking forward to seeing the arches colour coded, but I think those wheels sit quite nicely in the standard arches :)

Great find on the spoiler.


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 pm 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

Trouble is Adam, the white looked like emulsion :lol:

The fronts actually sit out quite a lot more than the rears, not sure I'd get away with them...and the arches serve more than one purpose - firstly, one of the rears has rusted through, so this way we (well, garath :lol:) can cut the rust off, treat and patch it, without having to remake the original arch...and secondly they will have the visual effect of lowering the car too - I have lowering springs already, and the stance is all wrong...this way it should be all good...and low...and wide :evil4:

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
Mark.T
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:17 pm 
Club Treasurer Offline
User avatar

My Car: Eunos Roadster

Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:50 am
Posts: 9492
Location: Weymouth, Dorset
Reputation: 17

Very much liking how this is coming on :thumbright:

... however, I'm not sure about these projects that you and Garath have at the moment ... how are you going to fit in 'work'? ;)

See you in a couple weeks! ;)


Mark

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:27 pm 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

Thanks Mark - looking forward to it :)

All this test fitting stuff is fine, but I've got a lot to do underneath before I can start on the bodywork...there were puddles of liquid underneath it which correspond with pretty much all the major components...got me some leaks to fix, and some rust to remove :lol:

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
ChrisL323f
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:35 pm
Posts: 1476
Location: Todmordon/Darlington
Reputation: 10

Fantastic! Liking the wide arches a lot!


Top
 Profile  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:10 pm 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

Been playing with wheel colours, I also threw some paint onto the arches, just to lose the white contrast...

Silver on the front, and then a few colours on the rear...

graphite...

Image

bronze...

Image

and black...

Image


and all of them against the car...

Image


I like the bronze colour, but it doesn't work with the colour of the car. The graphite doesn't work with the blue either...
I love the look of the black, but the wheel looks smaller, and the rim disappears, compared to the silver...shame Kbob isn't keen on silver :lol:

Oh I dunno...need to decide soon though, I'll be refurbing them soon... :?

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
ChrisL323f
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:35 pm
Posts: 1476
Location: Todmordon/Darlington
Reputation: 10

Green :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Stu.13
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:12 pm 
Gold Member Offline
User avatar

My Car: BJ Sport

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:51 pm
Posts: 2026
Location: Kilmarnock,Ayrshire
Reputation: 14

Silver and paint the black details back on, like on the white. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
maylander739
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:12 pm 
Club Elder Offline
User avatar

My Car: Mazda 323F Type-R KLZE

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:20 pm
Posts: 2900
Location: Harrogate
Reputation: 25

I'm starting to think black, I dunno.

_________________
Matt
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
323F Rock
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:20 pm 
Gold Member Offline
User avatar

My Car: Mazda 323F GTR

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:35 pm
Posts: 3782
Location: South Yardley, Birmingham, UK
Reputation: 20

with those arch extensions you could probably pull off a crazy drift style colour :P

_________________
Image
"Drive to survive"
The 323F GTR 1.8 Turbo


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
Andy S
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:10 am
Posts: 489
Location: Sutton, Surrey
Reputation: 4

idea!

Paint them black but do the lip in silver? Best of both worlds then :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:21 am 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

I'll be trying a few more things over the coming weeks...maybe black spokes and a silver rim, all the way back through the wheel not just at the front edge...

Karissa does like the black...so I will probably end up doing as I'm told...but not until I've exhausted all the options :lol:

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:23 am 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

Stuz wrote:
Nice updates.....I think the twr skirts would look great with those arches ;-)


The TWR skirts I had before wouldn't work too well really, they're too built up at the ends...however...a pair of skirts with cleaner lines might do the trick...watch this space ;)

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
Andy S
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:10 am
Posts: 489
Location: Sutton, Surrey
Reputation: 4

Marc S wrote:
I'll be trying a few more things over the coming weeks...maybe black spokes and a silver rim, all the way back through the wheel not just at the front edge...

Karissa does like the black...so I will probably end up doing as I'm told...but not until I've exhausted all the options :lol:


Yeah that's what I meant, That would look awesome mate! do it! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:11 pm 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

I'll try it one evening...need to see how hard it is to mask up first :D

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
karissabob
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:21 pm 
Gold Member Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:04 pm
Posts: 2522
Reputation: 30

I already suggested black with a silver rim!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Mark.T
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 pm 
Club Treasurer Offline
User avatar

My Car: Eunos Roadster

Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:50 am
Posts: 9492
Location: Weymouth, Dorset
Reputation: 17

That could be good - you still have the wheel tyre definition then :)


Mark

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Marc S
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 pm 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1st Gen RX7

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:46 am
Posts: 13779
Location: "Rust?...I ain't got time to rust"
Reputation: 95

karissabob wrote:
I already suggested black with a silver rim!!!



Yes I know honey, and I had it in my mind that the rim would be at the edge only...but if I can do the whole rim, it might work. I'll try it this week, and you can decide if you like it :D


You'll see it at the weekend Mark, let me know what you think :)

_________________
Image

Paragon Auto Finishing
Professional vehicle detailing & valeting, specialising in paint correction and enhancement
Servicing, repairs, and undersealing also available
Discounts available for Gold Members :)


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
eogbaker
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:59 pm
Posts: 6885
Reputation: 38

I still think black centers and polished lips

_________________
Image

Lantis Type R called Bahgeera


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y