It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules - Please read!


GUIDES ONLY please.

If you have any help/guide requests please use the appropriate section. Any new posts that are not guides may be removed completely.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
Manna
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0

I'll have a look on the registration documents tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
Manna
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0

So here's an update on the saga...
I bought a dizzy from a scrapped 1997 1.8 323f with the part number t2t 60371 - which is the part recommended by this distributor specialist for a 1.8 BA: http://www.ignitioncarparts.co.uk/
I took it the the dealer (because that's where my car is stuck atm) but it turns out that dizzy has one too few electrical sockets (not HT leads). It seems the one I've got in my car is a t2t 57371 (which the website above reckons is for a 1.6L MX3. Damn it.
I wish I'd just looked under the bonnet myself before all this nonsense started![/url]


Top
 Profile  
 
SD
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm
Posts: 68
Reputation: 0

Hi guys, I'm going to be replacing the O'Ring and the Top Hose and have a quick couple of Q's:

Is it even necessary to remove the dizzy cap or can it be left in place and the hole lot taken out in one go?

In andym323's walkthrough he states to remove the connector to the Coolant Temp Sensor - What's the specific point of this and where is it exactly located as not to confuse it with something else.

Out of curiosity why do we need to apply a little clean oil to the new O'Ring once it's been fitted?

Thanks in advance


Top
 Profile  
 
crawford1982
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:17 pm
Posts: 230
Location: falkirk
Reputation: 1

glad this thread came up again,ive got a leak and its a right old mess!!


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:25 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

x2k10 wrote:
Hi guys, I'm going to be replacing the O'Ring and the Top Hose and have a quick couple of Q's:

Is it even necessary to remove the dizzy cap or can it be left in place and the hole lot taken out in one go?

In andym323's walkthrough he states to remove the connector to the Coolant Temp Sensor - What's the specific point of this and where is it exactly located as not to confuse it with something else.

Out of curiosity why do we need to apply a little clean oil to the new O'Ring once it's been fitted?

Thanks in advance


I removed the cap because I was giving it a full check over as well as changing the O ring, but you can I think just remove the lot, just remember to mark its origonal position.

I removed the connector because its in the way-ish, its the just above the coolant hose under the dizzy, it gets covered in oil when the O ring goes, so its worth taking it off even just to give it a clean :D Be careful, its only one wire and a bit delicate, another reason to remove it while working on the dizzy ;)

The oil on the ring thing is old school sort of, anything I've ever rebuilt with an oil seal I've always put a bit off clean oil on, its a common statement in Haynes manuals too, it helps seat the seal and prevents the bit not in contact with the engine oil from drying out and cracking :D

Hope that helps

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
SD
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm
Posts: 68
Reputation: 0

Cheers andy. The car's been through something like 7 previous owners and I suspect quite a bit of abuse / neglect. I can see somebody's been fiddling with the dizzy before as it's already been marked. Should be fun :D


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:14 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

No worried chap, if there is already a mark that matches, use that :D

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
SD
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm
Posts: 68
Reputation: 0

Should the oil be applied to the O'Ring once in place which would mean only the top surface or wold it be better to apply it to the entire surface and then slide it into place as you said above that the oil helps seat it?

Thanks again.


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:03 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Apply the clean oil before fitting :thumbright:

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
SD
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm
Posts: 68
Reputation: 0

Thanks for all the help. Back up and running :thumbright:


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:55 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Sweet, glad to be of assistance chap :D

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
steven
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:24 pm 
Scottish Events Organiser Offline
User avatar

My Car: 1998 Imola

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:07 pm
Posts: 4987
Location: Cowdenbeath, Fife SCOTLAND
Reputation: 76

What do you do if you dont get the allignment correct?? Some peeps need help!?!?! This thread

http://www.club323f.com/club323f/forum/ ... 183#427183

_________________
11r Cars are the fastest


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 am 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Cool, but, if you've marked it properly, you won't have any problems :thumbright:

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
SD
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm
Posts: 68
Reputation: 0

Is there such a thing as 'over tightening' the nuts on the dizzy?

I only ask as when I was finishing tightening the bolts up I was on the phone at the same time and so may not have been paying as much attention as I should have been and ended up breaking the spanner :confused1:

Not had any problems since but was just thinknig about it today and thought I'd post up.

Hopefully I'll never have to take it off again :toothy5:


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 am 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Reckon you're lucky you bust the spanner and not the bolt chap!!!! Check the torque setting in the Haynes manual to see how tight it should be :D

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
SD
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:50 pm
Posts: 68
Reputation: 0

Would it be worth loosening the bolts or just leave as is for now?


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:53 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
steevo
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 4
Reputation: 0

Excellent guide andym. If somebody with my car maintenance skills can put it into action and their car still be running afterwards its pretty well foolproof.
(Thought I might have to shell out for cylinder head repairs after 2 burst hoses until I noticed oil leak and then the stuff on here about the likely cause. Fair few quid saved there, so cheers.)
One thing I'm wondering is when you say about how the distributor gasket might have perished as well the o ring. I didnt find any trace of a gasket. Are you sure there is one, or could mine have disintegrated completely?


Top
 Profile  
 
CuriusOne
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:06 pm
Posts: 182
Reputation: 0

hello, any chance of some new updated pics?

thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
nick
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 1518
Location: Somerset
Reputation: 25

pics for this and the guide are on the main site. Look at the BA Guide section.

Just done this job today. Guide is great. Parts cost me 99p and the whole job could have been done in about 10 mins (took me about an hour, but I wanted to take the oppertunity to get some megs metal polish on the buts under the dizzy)

_________________
Red cars go faster

www.club323f.com/nick
http://www.club323f.com/club323f/forum/ ... highlight=


Top
 Profile  
 
CuriusOne
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:06 pm
Posts: 182
Reputation: 0

You have a link to those pics? cus I swear this topic is from the BA guides section


Top
 Profile  
 
nick
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 1518
Location: Somerset
Reputation: 25

??? at the top of this page click the link to BA94-98, then click the GUIDE link, then scroll down to the Maitinance section and lick the link to distributor O ring replacment

http://www.club323f.com/?page_id=162

_________________
Red cars go faster

www.club323f.com/nick
http://www.club323f.com/club323f/forum/ ... highlight=


Top
 Profile  
 
CuriusOne
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:06 pm
Posts: 182
Reputation: 0

quality, forgot about that link / section lol


Top
 Profile  
 
marius-ciclistu
 Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:56 pm
Posts: 18
Reputation: 0

In ROMANIA I can't find o-ring at the distributors.Can anybody tell me it's exact dimensions and material?it is NBR or VITON for hier temperatures?
I whant to order it from a seals distributor.
Tanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
molestrangler
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 167
Location: southampton
Reputation: 1

hi marius try this link, they post to europe. http://www.fordprobestore.co.uk/store/ hope this is a help.... cheers mick


Top
 Profile  
 
marius-ciclistu
 Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:56 pm
Posts: 18
Reputation: 0

molestrangler wrote:
hi marius try this link, they post to europe. http://www.fordprobestore.co.uk/store/ hope this is a help.... cheers mick

i whant the dimensions.Thanks anyway.:)


Top
 Profile  
 
LaZeR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:04 pm
Posts: 299
Reputation: 2

I had some problems placing the hole thing back.. I didn't know the inside 'rotors' had 1 way to fit..
Took me 10 minutes to get it in.. before i came after it it was 180°...
I Somethimes used to force but not to much.. Can u break something inside it with using abit to much power????

... Started it and ran fine.., seems to run smoother.. but that would be between the ears :lol: ..
Anway the old O ring snapped when taking out & was really hard.. obviously it leaked alot of oil cause the Coolant tube was a little bit damaged.


Top
 Profile  
 
FoxXz
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Latvia, Ludza
Reputation: 0

Hey Guyz Want to know whats that in photo attached?
What it for?
and where can get ?
Will this be good for My mazda 1995 1.5 DOHC 16v ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISTRIBUTOR-O-R ... 56467b900e


Attachments:
Dizzy-39.jpg
Dizzy-39.jpg [ 190.16 KiB | Viewed 15478 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:16 am 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Hi LaZer, the bit you've pointed out is a crank case breather filter I got from a car show for £3 I think :) I replaces the pipe that normally runs to the intake pipe between the airfilter box and the throttle body, be sure to block the hole in the intake if you fit one :thumbright: the metal pipe that comes out of the crank case must be turned towards the from of the car too, it should twist by hand :)

That 'O' ring should do the job I think :)

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
FoxXz
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Latvia, Ludza
Reputation: 0

Ohh Thanks :)...
Hmmm is it in Ebay.com? Dont know how to look for this one...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y