It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 12:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules - Please read!


Remember to start your thread with the model of the car (BG, BA, BJ etc)

Explained in detail here



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Author Message
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:22 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

LOL, next time we get some I'll send some to you :P

Thanks guys, glad you like :D:D

Just one more thing for the moment......

Finally succumbed to the 'Aero' wiper thing :P after all, they DO look great ;) And I've always said it would look the mutts with the Storm single wiper :D

So after a little faffing with the supplier, I got a 22 inch aero blade for the front, and an 18 inch for the back :D

Now, some of you will have been bored to death with me going on about PIAA silicon wiper blades, and how much, much, MUCH better the are than rubber ones, well, I decided to give the rubber aero blades a couple of weeks to impress me, what with all this 1000's of points of contact, blah-blah whatever :P

And......

I'm not impressed, the aero was missing out bits of the screen, which whilst not in my direct view, was still BLOODY annoying, someone told me to bend the blade to fit, well, i did, and it didn't :P

So, no to be defeated, I decided a little blade modding was in order, so, the aero blade chassis now hold my slightly cut down silicon blade, and, you know what, its the mutts again :D:D

Image

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
Mark.T
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:24 pm 
Club Treasurer Offline
User avatar

My Car: Eunos Roadster

Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:50 am
Posts: 9492
Location: Weymouth, Dorset
Reputation: 17

:thumbright: Proper moddin' ;)


Mark

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Shaggy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:25 pm 
Club Elder Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:10 pm
Posts: 3885
Location: BPT Hell
Reputation: 8

Its better than a session in Mcdonalds car park, loving the air/fuel gauge mount fella :)

_________________
*******R.I.P - The Mystery Machine BA TURBO *******


Top
 Profile  
 
Ronin (Adam)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:37 pm 
Website Admin Offline
User avatar

My Car: Black V6 Project

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:31 pm
Posts: 5374
Location: North Lincs
Reputation: 33

andym323 wrote:

Image


Looks mint Andy!

PS. isn't the blade hitting the side?


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:25 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Nope :D:D It just sits nicely tucked under the trim :D

by the way, the dodgy A/F gauge is on its way out, spent this afternoon plumbing in the fuel pressure sender, gotta fit the gauge in the morning, pics to follow :D

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
paul323f
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 2140
Location: Maidstone Kent
Reputation: 19

I want some storm stickers like you've got, any chance you could source some for me please?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:19 am 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Give Nick a shout chap, they were in a box in the workshop when i was there, so i blagged one :P

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:55 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Right then, I've removed the dodgy A/F gauge, and now, sitting in its place is the Fuel Pressure Gauge :D:D:D

No point putting a pick of that up really, is not much different to the A/F gauge looks wise :P

But, here's a pic of the sender unit on its custom built bracket....

Image

By the way, I'd just like to say.....

This is my 10,000th post :wav:

:P

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
Jody
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:28 pm
Posts: 1415
Location: Derv burning hell
Reputation: 26

Wasnt sure about this car when I first signed up to this website. But it has really grown on me.

Love some of the mods and like the direction you have taken it. Bad boy'd but not chaved up!!

Love it :thumbright:


Top
 Profile  
 
323F Rock
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:05 pm 
Gold Member Offline
User avatar

My Car: Mazda 323F GTR

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:35 pm
Posts: 3782
Location: South Yardley, Birmingham, UK
Reputation: 20

Very nice andy!!
glad the silicone wiper worked well! :D
ooooo fancy new dials too!!
:D
keep up the good work!!

_________________
Image
"Drive to survive"
The 323F GTR 1.8 Turbo


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
M1tch
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:51 pm
Posts: 2751
Reputation: 4

Glad you figured out how to mount the fuel pressure sensor :D tehe :P Im still loving Meanie :D one day, my car might grow up to be a Meanie-let :D *wishes*


Top
 Profile  
 
civic_duty
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:59 pm
Posts: 15
Reputation: 0

nice car andy very clean and subtle. have you enough funds this year to go to the green hell?


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:56 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Can't believe its THREE YEARS since I last posted in Meanies topic :shock:

Just though I'd dust it off as there is some major work to come in the coming months :?

I have MAJOR rust problems in the offside rear arch, probably need a new rear wing, maybe need the other side done too!

Then there is the suspension that needs sorting after a catastrophic failure the day my daughter was born, I'll be starting a seperate topic about that in Chit Chat or BA A,W&S!!!

Might need new wheels, sadly my beloved Smiths Revolutions are starting to show their age, if anyone knows of a set for sale I'm all over it ;)

Speaking of wheels, I'm planning a set of winter wheels that don't look crap, with proper winter rubber on them, save my Eagles for the summer, especially since Goodyear have stopped making them :crybaby: Might have alternatives already marked out ;)

Anyways, watch this space folks, there's plans a foot :D

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuz
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 am
Posts: 4378
Location: Scarborough u.k
Reputation: 34

I like this car alot :D well done on owning and modifying such a lovely car :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:26 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Cheers mate, sadly she's going nowhere at the moment, just sat mornfully on the drive waiting for me to sort the catastrophic shock failure!

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuz
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 am
Posts: 4378
Location: Scarborough u.k
Reputation: 34

Poor thing :( Have spax got into contact with you about it ?

Quick question, What size are you're wheels and what's the ride like ?

Only reason I ask is that I temporarily put 18" wheels onto caroline's BA today and I hate the ride and its so crashy, but on the BJ they seem fine ??

215/35/18 is the size and I think its to do with the low profile :roll: Its on standard suspension too although not for long.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
IAL
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:26 am
Posts: 77
Location: Vilnius Lietuva
Reputation: 0

this is FSE valve? it makes any diferense?


Top
 Profile  
 
Adakar
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:37 pm
Posts: 362
Reputation: 3

andym323 wrote:
Right then, I've removed the dodgy A/F gauge, and now, sitting in its place is the Fuel Pressure Gauge :D:D:D

No point putting a pick of that up really, is not much different to the A/F gauge looks wise :P

But, here's a pic of the sender unit on its custom built bracket....

Image

By the way, I'd just like to say.....

This is my 10,000th post :wav:

:P


Any difference with the fse valve????

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
Rick323fyork
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:07 am
Posts: 152
Location: York
Reputation: 2

shame about ur shock problem looks realy bad hope you get it sorted soon .


Last edited by Rick323fyork on Sun May 15, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:43 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

_stuz_ - It was the Konis that went chap, they're supposed to be sending me a full set in replacement, due tomorrow, not holding my breath though, they were origionally supposed to arrive last week but were missed of the order :? The wheels are 17's chap, ride is fine on the Spax and the Konis, firm but not too crashy :D

IAL and Adakar - they're really meant for turbo and SC engines, but they do make a small difference on and NA motor, when I had Meanie dyno'd a couple of years back, the tuner used the FSE and the dizzy to get more power/torque from her :D

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
Stuz
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 am
Posts: 4378
Location: Scarborough u.k
Reputation: 34

Cheer's Andy, Just the stuff I needed to know, I'm wanting to keep the V6 wheels but have them powdercoated, Need's lowering :)

P.S Sorry to thread hijack

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
marshymob
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 pm 
Gold Member Offline
User avatar

My Car: Julie - 1994 BA

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:31 pm
Posts: 2347
Location: Paignton, Devon
Reputation: 40

i have wings for meanie, let me know

you know as you know what i want LOL!!!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Stuz, no worries mate :thumbright:

Rich, I'll PM you tomorrow or Tuesday :)

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
marshymob
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:35 pm 
Gold Member Offline
User avatar

My Car: Julie - 1994 BA

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:31 pm
Posts: 2347
Location: Paignton, Devon
Reputation: 40

sorted im picking the car up tomorrow

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
andym323
 Post subject: Re: BA - Meanie.....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:20 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Time for another update, not much to tell so far for 2012, the search for a V6 rear subframe assembly with all the goodies still goes on, I MUST get one before my MOT :?

The engine is still smoking on start-up, most do a full oil and filter change soon, plus swap the CAT out for the one I'm borrowing :D Again in time for MOT :)

Must get round to fitting my new TPMS, its a Tyresure this time, the control box is a quarter the size of the Smartire one :D I'll be building in some ambient dash lighting when I rebuild the bracket for this :D

Speaking of lighting, I've finally fitted a temporary interior light solution, I was fed up with struggling to get Amelia in and out of the car in the dark, or by the dim glow from the green LED map lights ;) The solution had been sitting in my Type R parcel shelf bag for several years, a 60cm white LED self adhesive strip, after so long the adhesive had gone off so I've used some of the white number plate tape that Rob gave me to fit the wind deflectors back at JAE 2010, cheers mate :thumbright: I've stuck it to the Hollandia sunroof surround for now, not the most elegant solution, ideally I'd like uplighters on the A, B and C pillars :) But it'll do for now :D

Image
Image

Still havn't got round to getting my crappy HIDs replaced, I'm going to ask the guy for a return post paid envelope, don't see why I should pay the post on his defective product ;)

On the subject of headlamps, plans are afoot for a Kioto/Bosch hybrid setup, think its been done in Europe, maybe here too, should improve visibility if it works :D

All I need is a spare set of Kiotos :)

Next up is my Type R post ford adjustable intermitant combination switch, I'm hoping this will be plug and play, need wiring diagrams and/or pics of pre/post ford comb switches to compare though, mind you, its not the end of the world if its not P&P, I'll just make up patch lead :D

Image

Lastly for now, I have a towbar to fit, thanks to Nigel and his Dad :thumbright: Proper Witter one, going to powder coat it the same green as I did the shocks :D

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
Simondo
 Post subject: Re: BA - Meanie.....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 7:37 pm
Posts: 4217
Location: Aberdeen
Reputation: 72

Keep us updated how you get on with the wiper stalk, Andy! Would be good to know if it's plug and play or if it's easy to alter if necessary. :thumbright:

_________________
You're welcome.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Dragon Rob
 Post subject: Re: BA - Meanie.....
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:15 am
Posts: 3341
Location: Cambs, England
Reputation: 12

andym323 wrote:
I've used some of the white number plate tape that Rob gave me to fit the wind deflectors back at JAE 2010, cheers mate :thumbright:

All I need is a spare set of Kiotos :)



Hehe, no worries bud ;)

Might be able to help you out with the Kiotos too. I think Phantom has a set and she'll be going to the scrappy soon so I'll whip them off if they are.

:thumbright:


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject: Re: BA - Meanie.....
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:42 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

So, post Japfest 2012 and I HAVE to do something about the bonnet!!!!

Did the whole megs day before Japfest, Gold class wash, clayed, Ultimate Compunded, finished off with Tec Wax, car looked great, apart from the great big white smear over the bonnet :?

So, until I get a replacement, I've a mind to try some vinyl just to hide the hideous mark ;)

As always, I never rush into anything, so I've 'shopped a couple of mockups, all opinions welcome, if you do/don't like though, please say why :thumbright:

Version A

Image

Version B

Image

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
Matt
 Post subject: Re: BA - Meanie.....
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:47 pm 
Trade & Discount Manager Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:48 am
Posts: 7516
Reputation: 76

i'd run it down to the grille

_________________
My NA BA -:- "BA->BPT PROJECT" BREAKING THREAD


Top
 Profile  
 
Lerch
 Post subject: Re: BA - Meanie.....
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:20 pm 
UK Events Manager Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:16 am
Posts: 3061
Location: Coventry, West Mids
Reputation: 16

Matt wrote:
i'd run it down to the grille


yeah try taking it down to the grill mate and see what it looks like :) otherwise i think version A is nice

_________________
"They wanna fingerprint me and gimme some years, they'll only get one finger while I'm shifting gears"


Top
 Profile Facebook  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y