Club323F
http://www.club323f.com/forum/

dying the roof carpet (with pics)
http://www.club323f.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21853
Page 1 of 2

Author:  JDM [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  dying the roof carpet (with pics)

I was just wondering.... instead of ripping the roof carpet out and struggling to get it back in again....

how easy to you recon it could be do spray/dye the roof carpet?

I want to make mine black :D not sure to spray can it black lol or something :bounce: obviously doing so covering other the widows and other panels up with newspaper and masking tape :)


your thoughts please :D

Author:  Biggsey [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

U cud try those pens that u write on t-shirts with, may take u a while, and a few pens! or everytime you have a person in ur can jus get em to sign it, eventually it will all be covered! lol

Author:  JDM [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

lmao :D :lol:

Author:  dowzerr [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Easy peasy. Just do it with sponges. I have black carpet dye here if you want a bottle.

Author:  JDM [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

dowzerr wrote:
Easy peasy. Just do it with sponges. I have black carpet dye here if you want a bottle.


:bounce: Tell me more matey :D :D :D

how many bottles do you recon its will take? I'll take you up on your dye offer ;) :D LEGEND!! :D :D

Author:  Biggsey [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

yeah howd that work m8ty, im quite interested, wots the bottle dye called? :cheers:

Author:  dowzerr [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Its this stuff.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0141167591
I bought 2 bottles for dying my carpet black so it would match the grey leather seats I got, but I didnt dye the carpet in the end coz I dyed the leather instead.
I have 2 bottles so you can have one each, all you'll need is a sponge to apply it with. Since its black you shouldnt get any blotchiness.
Say £8 for each bottle and that includes delivery!
If you're unsure about it working on the roof liner then email the eBay seller and ask him if it'll work.

Author:  JDM [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

reserve me a bottle please pal :D I'll consult my paypal administrator (mum - i'll use her account lol)

Author:  dowzerr [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

No probs.

Author:  Biggsey [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

i wud use paypal, but i had a intruder aka my little brother and entered my password wrong! idiot! ne how paypal have locked me out! will nethin else do?

Author:  dowzerr [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hmm. Postal order?

Author:  Biggsey [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yeah that wud work, or bank draft?

Author:  dowzerr [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Infact. Both of you just pm me your addresses and I'll send it to you for free. I'm feelin generous.

Author:  Biggsey [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wot a guy!! Id buy u a round if it wasnt for distance!! PM'd! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Author:  JDM [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

can I email you a pint? :bounce: Top bloke!!!!

Author:  JDM [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

just a thought.... could this be used on my flowery seats? :lol: Make my rather gay seats BLACK :D ????

Author:  Joe [ Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Speak to Rob and Lisa about dying the seats...

As for the roof lining "if i jobs worth doing, do it properly" :D

Rip the bugger off and give it a good few coates. I'm sceptical about it taking one coat, and you'll only get pissed off and tired trying to apply it upside down in a small cabin :D

Joe

Author:  JDM [ Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

lol i know dude but im sceptical getting the dam roof lining back on... its not that easy like people think... ive had to do it before and it is hard. i'll get a paint roller lmao :D

Author:  asifestoril [ Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

This is such a brilliant idea :)

Are any of you guys gonna try it on the hossible flowery seats? Cuz I might give it a shot aswell if it works.

Author:  JDM [ Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

hey asif :D

Im gonna give it ago on the 'ol flowery seats :lol: hope it works..... I'll report back here ASAP when ive tested it out :D :D :D

I'll end up doinf the seats, door cards, carpet, roof lol anywhere with fabric :)

Author:  Biggsey [ Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

I thought about the seats today, coz i dont whether the sun visor wud dye coz that aint carpet!

might look a bit odd! will def try seats coz my driver seat is fading badly!

Author:  dowzerr [ Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Holla!
Both your bottles were sent today. Biggsey, I think this product would do your sun visor https://www.usautomotive.co.uk/store/sc ... ategory=59 its what I used to dye the vinyl parts of my leather seats.

Author:  Biggsey [ Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:01 am ]
Post subject: 

Hmmmm vinyl dye.... nice one dowzerr thanx for that, how coats did you put on ur seats?

Author:  dowzerr [ Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:09 am ]
Post subject: 

Only took a couple. It penetrates the vinyl so you can put it on quite generously. Just take your time and dont forget to mask the vanity mirror!

Author:  Canthinkof12 [ Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:08 am ]
Post subject: 

post* just want to keep an eye on this topic i exspect lots of pics plzzzzzzzz

Author:  asifestoril [ Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dowzerr you got any pics of the results?

Sorry if their on other posts it's just a bit hot for me to search around at the mo as i'm at work,
so eagle eyes are about lol :)

Author:  JDM [ Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Oh my god!! that was quick delivery dowzerr ;) thank you so much! proper nice of ya mate :D we need more peeps like you on this forum :)

Author:  joe_the_pro [ Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:34 am ]
Post subject: 

results????

Author:  JDM [ Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Im doing it 2mora.... ive even dragged my GF in on it to help me ;) should be a laugh :) but i'll take pics if poss :D

Author:  JDM [ Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

well i made a start today...

as you can see ;)

Image
Image

as for the roof carpet, i tried a little bit.... it ends up grey no matter how many coats you put on. Might need a thicker dye :?

Image

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/