Club323F
http://www.club323f.com/forum/

noisy tapets
http://www.club323f.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44950
Page 1 of 1

Author:  damo333666 [ Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:32 pm ]
Post subject:  noisy tapets

Hi could anyone help me I have a 323f 1.5 16v and I have noisy tapets could anyone help

Author:  bugsy [ Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

Maybe an oil change?

thats what i did one mines and it seemed to go.

Author:  damo333666 [ Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

I will give it a go thanks mate

Author:  DMS [ Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

You could try this

http://www.fordprobestore.co.uk/store/p ... ucts_id=60

Author:  damo333666 [ Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

I did a oil change today and the noise has gone. Thank you for your advice

Author:  Debz [ Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

Good news :thumbright:

Author:  bugsy [ Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

Glad its worked out for you. :D

Author:  Stuz [ Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

Why is this in the guides section ?

Author:  sasharoo [ Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

Thanks for the link....just ordered some HLA treatment.....fingers crossed. Just not sure what oil to get now for 1.8 engine 1998??

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lou

Author:  Roy le Waa [ Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

damo333666 wrote:
I did a oil change today and the noise has gone. Thank you for your advice


What oil did you use out of curiousity mate?

Edit, forget that just noticed the post is over a year old :oops:

Author:  sasharoo [ Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

I haven't done mine yet but Mazz has suggested 10w40 part synthetic, not sure if this helps.

Lou

Author:  Roy le Waa [ Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

Thats what ive got in mine, although its the cheapo carcare stuff

I did notice my tappets were slightly more noisy after the new oil was put in :?

Author:  mazz [ Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

did you use engine flush mate?

Author:  Roy le Waa [ Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

I didnt mazz no, I did an engine flush on my last BA and it sounded horrendous afterwards, so put me off doing it again :shock: the oil was like honey though :lol:

I would rather run budget oil for a thousand miles then change the oil again to be honest

Author:  bugsy [ Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

Roy wont mixing budget oil with the oil already in there mess with you engine?

Author:  bugsy [ Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

Roy wont mixing budget oil with the oil already in there mess with you engine?

Author:  Roy le Waa [ Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

I will be dropping it out and changing the oil filter before filling with premuim oil

Author:  Stuz [ Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

5W30 fully synthetic if it doesn't burn oil and 5w40 fully synthetic if it does :D

Author:  Roy le Waa [ Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

No she's not a oil burner, engine on a whole is great, its just the rest of the car that is falling to bits :lol:

Can you go part to full synthetic with no problems? I always thought it was a no no if an engine has been ran on part most of its life :?

Author:  DMS [ Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

Roy le Waa wrote:
Can you go part to full synthetic with no problems? I always thought it was a no no if an engine has been ran on part most of its life :?



The first oil change I did on my F was to 5W30 fully synthetic. I dont know what was in it before but when it came out it was a thick black sludge so was in the car for some time. Going to 5W30 didnt cause any problems.

Author:  Stuz [ Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: noisy tapets

When you drain the oil, make sure you get the engine nice and hot so the oil is as thin as it can possibly be, when you do remove the drain plug, leave it as long as possible so you get almost all of the oil out of the engine. Obviously you won't be able to get it all but it makes a hell of a difference :)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/