Club323F
http://www.club323f.com/forum/

LED Driving Lamps - keep
http://www.club323f.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34430
Page 1 of 1

Author:  cookie1979 [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:45 pm ]
Post subject:  LED Driving Lamps - keep

Have been looking at Fog/Driving lamps for a while, but I don't really like the styling of the OE mazda lamps and much prefer the little plastic grills.

So I thought I'll make up some LED versions.

Started by marking up 6 rows 8 LEDs per row .

Image

All drilled,

Image

After a little bit of soldering,

Image

Loads of silicone to seal the lectrics and hold in the LEDs,

Image

Done!

Image

Image

How they look on the car,

Image

Lit

Image

Image

Image


Light output isn't great, but the LEDs where only 8000mcd ones off ebay (100 inc resistors for £6), pretty pleased with the results really, Just need some HIDs now too!

Author:  Dajmin [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

I really like the look, thought that when you posted in the other thread. I bet if you mounted them on silver or chrome rather than the black you could increase the brightness a little.
Any idea the difference in weight like between these and the OEM fogs? I imagine they must be considerably lighter.

Author:  steven [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

That is a fantastic idea and looks great, good job!

Author:  Debz [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

They look great :D .
Out of interest how much did it cost to do it ?. i too am after fogs but i like this idea better.

Author:  Matt [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

chuckles wrote:
They look great :D .
Out of interest how much did it cost to do it ?. i too am after fogs but i like this idea better.


The first post says about £6 for 100 LEDS with resistors :thumbright:

Author:  cookie1979 [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dajmin wrote:
Any idea the difference in weight like between these and the OEM fogs? I imagine they must be considerably lighter.


didn't weight them before hand but they're probably about twice original weight now! still allot lighter than OE fogs though I'd expect.

cost wize it was just £6 for the LEDs and resistors, there's 48 each side so the remaining 4 are now side lights.

all the solder and wire I had in already as i did with the silicone (aquarium silicone V expensive but not got the fish anymore!).

Author:  richardesty [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice one - I applaud you wholeheartedly for trying something new :thumbleft:

The back end reminds me of something I recently did on the Quattro:

Image

Author:  cookie1979 [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

thats scarily similar, strangely i've done almost the same thing on my b5 Audi A4 headlights too!

Author:  errnee [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Good stuff and there look bright enough to me :) :thumbright: I buy all my L.e.D's from ebay seller goodwillsales ;)

Author:  LantisPT [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:43 am ]
Post subject: 

check my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX-YyxfGW4Q

I love this mod

cheers

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/