It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules - Please read!


GUIDES ONLY please.

If you have any help/guide requests please use the appropriate section. Any new posts that are not guides may be removed completely.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
M1tch
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:51 pm
Posts: 2751
Reputation: 4

As I had my boost valve fitted yesterday (thanks Andy!) I thought I best take some photos :)

Take off the wipers and plastic trim from under the front windscreen so that you are able to fit the bracket provided

Image

Bend the bracket to fit where you want it

Image

Test fit the FSE so that you know it will fit where you want it

Image

Using the bracket create marks of where you want the holes in the engine bay

Image

File the holes down to get a clean fit

Image

Put the FSE together

Image

Test fit to check routing of pipes

Image

Carefully remove the Vacuum line using a craft knife to split the pipe to remove it

Image

This is where the vacuum line plugs into

Image

Use rags to place under the regulator so that fuel is soaked up and remove the original regulator

Image

Image

Add the billet adaptor, make sure its tight, but not too tight to strip the threads!

Image

Connect up the pipework to the FSE and ensure that all clips are tight

Image

What you should have left over

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:35 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Nice guide there Mitch :thumbleft:

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
M1tch
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:51 pm
Posts: 2751
Reputation: 4

Why thank you lol 17 photos and 30 minutes later lol hmm oh I forgot that you might need to cut away some of the under bonnet padding to get the thing to fit without being knocked, I need to adjust it as the vacuum line is being bent over from the bonnet, but made a nice difference on the way back from andys :)


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:39 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

Got a plan for that now mate ;)

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
Murray
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 6815
Location: Everywhere
Reputation: 22

andym323 wrote:
Got a plan for that now mate ;)


bonnet spacers? :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
M1tch
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:51 pm
Posts: 2751
Reputation: 4

I dunno why FSE has decided to put the vacuum line on the top lol I mean I know theres a diaphragm in there that needs pressure change at the top, but I mean, could they not put the connector at the side? lol its bad enough getting it low enough to get the adjustment screw and cap under there lol now I have pipework extending from the top!!


Top
 Profile  
 
stuartspel
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:35 pm 
Moderator Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:14 pm
Posts: 4751
Reputation: 42

It fits facing down and horizontal too - perhaps thats a fitting issue you need to take up with your mechanic :evil4:


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:02 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

stuartspel wrote:
It fits facing down and horizontal too - perhaps thats a fitting issue you need to take up with your mechanic :evil4:


Oi, can it Butterball :P

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
M1tch
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:51 pm
Posts: 2751
Reputation: 4

Yeah you can fit it easier to one side or upside down, but then again you would have issues with adjusting it and fitting the setup guage on it! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
richardesty
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:43 pm 
Club Elder Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:29 pm
Posts: 7343
Location: Louth
Reputation: 27

I can't believe you've fitted it back to front!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
M1tch
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:51 pm
Posts: 2751
Reputation: 4

Huh?


Top
 Profile  
 
andym323
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 pm 
Club Secretary Offline
User avatar

My Car: Meanie

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:24 am
Posts: 11284
Location: In my own little world!
Reputation: 21

He's pulling your leg :P

_________________
Image

May all your F'ing dreams come true! (lottery won and a miracle wouldn't go amiss!!!)

I got hooooooles, they're multiplying :(

And nice shiny new V6 to play with


Top
 Profile  
 
M1tch
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:51 pm
Posts: 2751
Reputation: 4

Arg lol stop confusing the blonde lol this is the most expensive mod so far on my car lol


Top
 Profile  
 
Putonyourshoes
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:50 am
Posts: 411
Reputation: 0

what sort of difference did it make chap?
high revs low revs
big improvement slight improvement
economy
value for money?:)
thanks looking into it for my car


Top
 Profile  
 
M1tch
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:51 pm
Posts: 2751
Reputation: 4

I need to wait for some 1/4 mile times really, I get less of that turbo lag effect when the VICS system opens lol but its not too bad, still deciding if its its worth it all I can say is that it smooths out the acceleration, I need to get a fuel pressure guage to set up properly really


Top
 Profile  
 
DaveMc
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:44 am
Posts: 1053
Location: Scotland - Edinburgh
Reputation: 10

Post bump

Nice guide its what i followed when fitting mine havent had the chance to try it out yet as ive no petrol and skint need to save for some V-power at crail :D

Have you noticed much a differnce since fitting?


Top
 Profile  
 
Morpheus
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 12:55 pm
Posts: 139
Location: Gloucestershire
Reputation: 1

M1tch wrote:
Image


Any idea where I would get one of these (fuel rail adaptor)? got a FSE off ebay and it didn't come with one lol!


Top
 Profile  
 
dannylangrick
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:29 pm
Posts: 2
Reputation: 0

Unfortunately I can't see the pics on this guide.... I've fitted an FSE boost valve on my V6 ZXI but I am unsure where the vacuum pipe attaches to the car from the FSE boost valve..... can anyone help me please??

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y