| Club323F http://www.club323f.com/forum/ |
|
| 1.8 FSE boost valve fitting - keep http://www.club323f.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20760 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | M1tch [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 1.8 FSE boost valve fitting - keep |
As I had my boost valve fitted yesterday (thanks Andy!) I thought I best take some photos ![]() Take off the wipers and plastic trim from under the front windscreen so that you are able to fit the bracket provided ![]() Bend the bracket to fit where you want it ![]() Test fit the FSE so that you know it will fit where you want it ![]() Using the bracket create marks of where you want the holes in the engine bay ![]() File the holes down to get a clean fit ![]() Put the FSE together ![]() Test fit to check routing of pipes ![]() Carefully remove the Vacuum line using a craft knife to split the pipe to remove it ![]() This is where the vacuum line plugs into ![]() Use rags to place under the regulator so that fuel is soaked up and remove the original regulator ![]() ![]() Add the billet adaptor, make sure its tight, but not too tight to strip the threads! ![]() Connect up the pipework to the FSE and ensure that all clips are tight ![]() What you should have left over
|
|
| Author: | andym323 [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Nice guide there Mitch |
|
| Author: | M1tch [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Why thank you lol 17 photos and 30 minutes later lol hmm oh I forgot that you might need to cut away some of the under bonnet padding to get the thing to fit without being knocked, I need to adjust it as the vacuum line is being bent over from the bonnet, but made a nice difference on the way back from andys
|
|
| Author: | andym323 [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Got a plan for that now mate
|
|
| Author: | Murray [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
andym323 wrote: Got a plan for that now mate
![]() bonnet spacers?
|
|
| Author: | M1tch [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I dunno why FSE has decided to put the vacuum line on the top lol I mean I know theres a diaphragm in there that needs pressure change at the top, but I mean, could they not put the connector at the side? lol its bad enough getting it low enough to get the adjustment screw and cap under there lol now I have pipework extending from the top!! |
|
| Author: | stuartspel [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It fits facing down and horizontal too - perhaps thats a fitting issue you need to take up with your mechanic
|
|
| Author: | andym323 [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
stuartspel wrote: It fits facing down and horizontal too - perhaps thats a fitting issue you need to take up with your mechanic
![]() Oi, can it Butterball :P |
|
| Author: | M1tch [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah you can fit it easier to one side or upside down, but then again you would have issues with adjusting it and fitting the setup guage on it!
|
|
| Author: | richardesty [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I can't believe you've fitted it back to front! |
|
| Author: | M1tch [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Huh? |
|
| Author: | andym323 [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
He's pulling your leg :P |
|
| Author: | M1tch [ Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Arg lol stop confusing the blonde lol this is the most expensive mod so far on my car lol |
|
| Author: | Putonyourshoes [ Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
what sort of difference did it make chap? high revs low revs big improvement slight improvement economy value for money?:) thanks looking into it for my car |
|
| Author: | M1tch [ Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I need to wait for some 1/4 mile times really, I get less of that turbo lag effect when the VICS system opens lol but its not too bad, still deciding if its its worth it all I can say is that it smooths out the acceleration, I need to get a fuel pressure guage to set up properly really |
|
| Author: | DaveMc [ Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Post bump Nice guide its what i followed when fitting mine havent had the chance to try it out yet as ive no petrol and skint need to save for some V-power at crail
Have you noticed much a differnce since fitting? |
|
| Author: | Morpheus [ Mon May 19, 2008 12:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 1.8 FSE boost valve fitting |
M1tch wrote: ![]() Any idea where I would get one of these (fuel rail adaptor)? got a FSE off ebay and it didn't come with one lol! |
|
| Author: | dannylangrick [ Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 1.8 FSE boost valve fitting - keep |
Unfortunately I can't see the pics on this guide.... I've fitted an FSE boost valve on my V6 ZXI but I am unsure where the vacuum pipe attaches to the car from the FSE boost valve..... can anyone help me please?? Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks in advance |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|