It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

NorwegianSl33per
 Post subject: KLZE Turbo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:54 pm 

So its pretty much official that im going with a ZE turbo conversion for my V6 :)
Brakes/suspension etc are in place, so what im really wondering is what i need to look out for regarding the driveline etc ?
Were aiming for 350bhp, not sure how long the GB will last with that, but on the other hand i do have 3 of them atleast :p
Any pointers appreciated ! ^^

sneakz
 Post subject: Re: KLZE Turbo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:30 pm 

Are you going to change any of the internals of the ZE? Because Barreljans ZE turbo setup didn't last very long on stock internals. Allthough properly build as far as the conversion goes.

I think I've read somewhere driveshafts will do 300+ no problem. Not a clue on gearbox, allthough Barreljans seems to handle just fine. Also here in Holland was a guy with an mx-3 KLZE turbo, not sure on HP figures didn't really have any gearbox issues as far as I'm aware.

Anyway, I'd probably be most worried about ZE internals not coping with the boost. A more ideal start would be a KLDE since it has a lower compression ratio making it more suitable to add boost.

Or, if you are willing to spend big money look at upgrading ZE internals. In that case 350hp should be well within reach.

Also, look at E85 conversion. I'm, like a lot of people here I think, following might car mods 11 sec car build on YouTube. Might not be the very best of sources, but their ethanol conversion greatly increased their engine performance. Also ethanol is a lot more resistant to autoignition when running 12.0:1 compression ratio's.

Note: I am in no means a 'know-it-all-expert' and I am just typing stuff I read online or elsewhere.

Arne

NorwegianSl33per
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:09 pm 

Internals will definantly be upgraded, this build will be a reliable daily (as far as it can be ofcourse) and E85 wont be an option for me since the stations offering E85 is 1h drive away, and thats tje closest one :(
Good news about the shafts tho, they were the ones that worried me the most really....as i have punished a few of the gboxes from before, it should last abit...hopefully ;)

barreljan
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:48 pm 

Sneakz, the MX3 was doing around 290bhp as well
Driveshafts aren't the problem. The gearbox may be. You definitly need some sort of locked of visco diff, not the OEM one.
And the internals of mine hold fine :) Only the rings are worn but that is the result of 5 years heavy tracktime abuse without major maintanence. A fresh engine will be no problem. So advice, check your hot compression rates ;)

Internals could hold with e85 on 350bp, depending on the turbo it should be somewhere between 10-12psi ? But, mapping and tuning is crucial with those numbers on stock internals. But best is to go with improved internals.

What are your plans and specs of the whole build ? Im gathering parts at this moment myself for it's first rebuild. Just waiting on pistons now 8)

ps. goal? racing of some kind?

Running a turbo boosted 323F in the pro-street class of the Dutch Time Attack series
2.5v6/ksport coilovers/ksport 330mm-8pot/60mm exhaust/mfactory lsd/fidanza and more...

NorwegianSl33per
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:56 pm 

my main focus is a daily driven track car really,and i want the fastest FWD Mazda in norway...but it seems like its just gonna be a N/A after all,just gonna run a standalone on it a hopefully hit 220 something. my chassi work is what i put in front of Power and there is just no way i can afford both atm :) i got a Phantom Diff by the way,so that should do it.

barreljan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:54 pm 

N/A with standalone should provide some more power than 220 i reckon.
Trackuse, daily and N/A is a good move . The KLZE will provide tonnes of fun :D good suspension on it, sticky tires and some nice gogo juice in it 8) 8)

However, a low boost (0.5bar/7psi) on a daily is not too hard :) Keeps the cost a bit low but increases the what the f*** factor ;)

Running a turbo boosted 323F in the pro-street class of the Dutch Time Attack series
2.5v6/ksport coilovers/ksport 330mm-8pot/60mm exhaust/mfactory lsd/fidanza and more...

NorwegianSl33per
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:18 pm 

i will have the forced induction in my mind for the future tho,it would be fun boosting a BA ;)
atm im running R888 tires,BC V1 Coilovers,mazdaspeed front strut brace / whiteline rear.
and ive lumped some good seats in it so it might not look like much but a few have been served allready even tho im probably shy of 160 bhp :P

barreljan
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:54 pm 

Good setup! Looks like a good drive on the track 8) Similar to mine, R888 as well, k-sport track coilovers, whiteline package and a full welded cage together with PU bushings and lots more. Full specs in my signature (link) :)

For my car i'm currently waiting on parts, the forged h-beams are on the shelf with the arp headbolts and now it's waiting on the custom (coated) Wiseco pistons and rings. MLS headgasket on it, and then up the boost :)

NorwegianSl33per
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:00 pm 

Yeah its grippy as hell for a road car,not very comfortable tho :D i will do bushings aswell if i can get a decent workplace to do it at,my garage isnt a good spot Space whise.
ill check Your setup out tho,sounds pretty wicked !